Christos Anesti! Christ is Risen! May the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ bring to all of us and the whole world happiness, good health and peace.
We all enjoyed a spiritual and Glorious Easter and we would like to thank all of you who participated in the numerous services Father Alex conducted. Philoptochos would like to also thank you for:
* Helping fold the Palms on the Saturday of Lazarus.
* Selling the Tsourekia which made us $444.00.
* Making the Tsourekia. We could have not done it without the help of the Superior Bakery. God bless you Nicko!
* Dying the red eggs.
* Decorating our church with the beautiful Easter lilies. A special thanks to the Daughters of Penelope who purchased the lilies in honor of past and present Philoptochos and DOP presidents.
* Decorating the Epitafion.
* Setting up for the coffee hour after church.
As you know, Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in Raleigh is hosting the Clergy Laity, Philoptochos and Conference of Greek Orthodox Church Choirs and Musicians Assembly on June 21-24, 2017. We have been asked to provide 50 dozen Lenten koulourakia for this event. We will need your help to do this and you will be notified when we will make them in the Hellenic Center kitchen.
You will be notified regarding the date and time of our next Philoptochos meeting, during which the election of new officers will be conducted. Please remember to take care of your annual dues if you have not already done so.
On Sunday, May 21, we will celebrate our church’s name-day and Philoptochos offers best wishes to all our parishioners who celebrate that day. Chronia Polla also for Mother’s Day on May 14!
Irene J. Bantsolas